Sunday, August 15, 2010

Diary of a Wannabe Runner.

Tonight marked Day 3 of week two. The running segments this week were 90 seconds running and 2 minutes of walking. In total it was only an extra minute of running, but it had me running for longer intervals. It was tough.

I really can't say that I felt like I made much improvement this week. I really thought I was going to die. The only thing that kept me going was starting to plan in my head some rewards I would give myself for finishing different milestones. Turns out that a nice new pair of shoes is a very powerful motivator haha.

I think next week is going to be the make it or break it week for me. I had to run tonight (Sunday) instead of the scheduled Friday because I was camping all weekend and just didn't have the time Friday or Saturday. If I want to stay on schedule for next week I'll be running back to back nights. On top of that, I promised my boss that I would go for a power walk with her on Tuesday. So I really won't have a rest day until Thursday.

Sunday - Week 2, Day 3
Monday - Week 3, Day 1
Tuesday - Power Walk
Wednesday - Week 3, Day 2
Friday - Week 3, Day 3

On top of all of that... I have to run for three minutes straight next week, this I am really nervous about. I'm contemplating re-doing week 2, but I need to keep challenging myself and pushing forward. We will see how Monday goes.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment