Monday, August 23, 2010

A Rough Week.

Week 3. I knew this week was going to be a hard week, and I knew it would either make me or break me.

The good news is that I pushed through the week and haven't given up on running.

The bad news? Well, I didn't run well this week. In the couch to 5k program you are supposed to take days off in between and as I was trying to keep up with my schedule I ran too many days in a row and my shin/calf muscles were really hurting, badly.

Sunday night I finished up week two, then ran again on Monday. This is when my lower legs really started hurting. Tuesday I went for a power walk with some ladies at work, and after 5 minutes of walking my lower legs were throbbing. My boss (who's a runner) was showing me some new stretches to help. She suggested that perhaps it is a good pain and I am just building the muscle. Either way by the time Wednesday came around I decided that I needed to take a night off. A night off turned into 3 nights off. I ran again on Saturday but it wasn't my best, I barely made it through the 3 mins run. Because of all of this I have decided to repeat week three. Week 4 has a five minute running interval and if I'm still having trouble getting through the three mintues there is no way I can do five.

Tonight I ran again, I didn't make it through the three minutes, but it was a much better run than I had all last week so I'm feeling hopefull for the outcome of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment