Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Third Times a Charm.

After two weeks of not being able to make it through the dreaded 3 mintues of running interval I decided to repeat week 3, yet again, for the third week in a row.

I just have not been ready to take on 3 mintues + 5 minutes. If I can't get through 3 minutes of running straight, I can't expect myself to get through 5. I have been bummed that it has been so hard for me to get through. But tonight I did the impossible. I ran for 3 minutes straight! I felt fantastic! I'm going to stick with the week three run for my next two runs and then finally graduate myself to Week 4 of the Couch to 5K program.

On another note, it has been one month since I started running so I thought now would be a good time to do a weigh in and take my measurements. While I only lost a couple of pounds, I lost a couple of inches as well! Well, everywhere except my boobs, they didn't go down much haha. It makes it easier to keep going when I can see the progress that I'm making.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Didn't know you had a blog. Did you get past week 3 and move on to 4? I know this post is from August, but keep updating! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did! Actually I ran 20 minutes tonight!! I've been going slow, but I'm getting there. Next step is 25 minutes straight.

    I know I need to update, I've just been so busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Glad you're sticking with it.

    ReplyDelete